Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

This is a special day for me. One that I reflect on all that I am thankful for. I am so thankful for the wonderful parents that I had. The wondeful family that I have been a part of all of my life. I am thankful for the magic of life and creation. I am thankful for all that I have encountered on life's path and I'm excited about all that is up ahead to be explored, savored, and admired.

My father was very special to me and he passed away on Thanksgiving day, years ago, although it only seems like last year. I was holding his hand on his last breath and he was surrounded by his four sons and their wives. I believe it was part of his plan and somehow fitting, for Thanksgiving was a day he also treasured. He wrote a very moving poem about Thanksgiving that I keep in my heart.

En El Dia De Dar Gracias

La Gran Riqueza Que Tengo
No es el producto del trabajo;
Me divertí trabajando,
Tal Riqueza, Dios Nos Trajo.

En Hijos Inigualábles
Que El Orgullo, Me Enardéze,
Cariño, De Cuatro Hombres,
Creo Son - Fuera De Serie

De Inteligencia, Se Igualan:
Dario, como Alvaro
Asi Jorge como Oscar
Cada Uno En Su Labor.

Por Eso El Dia De Hoy,
Reparto Igual Mi Cariño,
Y Gracias A Dios Le Doy:
Pues Muy Contento Asi Vivo.

Y Por Salud, Siempre Implóra
Su Padre – Dario Quiroga.

No comments: